- Me: What did the ocean say to the other ocean? Nothing, they just waved. Did you sea what I did there? I'm shore you did, beaches.
- J: There's something fishy going on here!
- M: Don't steal my joke, or we shell become mortal anemones.
- J: Is that a threat, or are you just crabby?
- K: This is amazing. I'm going to sit back and see what happens next.
- M: Water you waiting for?
- J: A whale of a good time, and you?
- M: I'm just urchin to get out of this rehearsal.
- J: Can you mussel your way out of there?
- M: I don't know, canoe think of a good excuse?
- J: The rest of the school is out, and you should be too.
- K: Speechless. I've been sewing effing costumes for 6 hours straight, my neck is broken in 12 places, I almost lost my finger in a freak sewing machine accident and then I picked up my phone and was treated to ABSOLUTE GOLD.
- M: We kept them late to stage the barricade deaths, and they were pissed. I'm pretty sure when they see how well it's received, they'll be singing a different tuna.
- J: You are on a lobster roll.
- K: My cod, I'm dying over here.
- M: I might be fin-ished. I'm trout of ideas.
- K: You gotta be squidding me. One more? Just for the halibut?
- J: What a grouper we are!
- K: This is pretty gillarious.
- J: I'm going to sleep now in my military style cod.
- K: It's a boat time we got some sleep.
- M: I concede. I thought I could beat you, but clearly I cannot. My life is over, and has no porpoise.
Tech week in heels = lots of knee/ankle KT tape.
I’m going to be playing ENID HOOPS in a local production of Legally Blonde! I’m STOKED!!!
OKLAHOMA rehearsals start on Monday. Get to play with some of my favorite people. CANNOT WAIT!
It’s the perfect start to my 5 day weekend (except not really because I work on Saturdays, but I’m choosing to ignore that until Friday at 2am.) HOLLER!
Watching ALIAS for the first time, and while I’m totally invested, I want to kick Sydney Bristow. How on earth is she getting by as a double agent? This girl is insanely emotional. Sometimes I just can’t…
what if you thought you weren’t getting a kiss at midnight and you were upset about it
and suddenly there’s an explosion of light in the sky
and john barrowman just descends gracefully and gives you the biggest kiss in the universe
Wow, I hadn’t thought about this, but now if it doesn’t happen I will be severely disappointed!
Slowest day at work EVER. Counting down the hours until the most KICK ASS New Year’s party of all time! Circus theme! (I’ll be going as a plate spinner, and yes, I will post pictures!)
- 1. What's your favorite candle scent?
- 2. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
- 3. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
- 4. How old do you think you'll be when you get married?
- 5. Do you know a hoarder?
- 6. Can you do a split?
- 7. How old were you when you learned how to ride a bike?
- 8. How many oceans have you swam in?
- 9. How many countries have you been to?
- 10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
- 11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
- 12. What would you name your son if you had one?
- 13. What's the worst grade you got on a test?
- 14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
- 15. What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
- 16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
- 17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
- 18. Did your mother go to college?
- 19. Are your grandparents still married?
- 20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
- 21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
- 22. What's the first amusement park you've been to?
- 23. What language, besides your native language, would you like to be fluent in?
- 24. Do you spell the color as grey or gray?
- 25. Is your father bald?
- 26. Do you know triplets?
- 27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
- 28. Have you ever had Indian food?
- 29. What's the name of your favorite restaurant?
- 30. Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
- 31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, BJ's, etc.)?
- 32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
- 33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
- 34. Who's your favorite person in the world?
- 35. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
- 36. Can you whistle?
- 37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
- 38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
- 39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
- 40. What medical conditions do you have?
- 41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
- 42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
- 43. Where do you buy your jeans?
- 44. What's the last compliment you got?
- 45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
- 46. What flavor tea do you enjoy?
- 47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
- 48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
- 49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real?
- 50. Why do you have a tumblr?
As I’ve mentioned, circus themed party. Plate spinner.
About to head out to play with my costume designer friend, to find the perfect costume! Will probably end up wearing my Sweeney costume, which had no shortage in the upstairs department.
Les Mis…did not like it, AT ALL. I thought the singing, with the exception of a VERY small minority, was dreadful.
I thought Hugh Jackman (who I LOVE) was very miscast. I don’t think his voice suited the role AT ALL. Why did he belt Bring Him Home??
Anne Hathaway - not the worst part of the movie. At least she was acting (very much over-acting, but at least some attempt was made…the same cannot be said for mostly everyone else.)
Russell Crowe - just straight up embarrassing from start to finish.
Loved Young Cosette, Gavroche, Enjolras (though there was some scooping action I did not appreciate), Eponine, Hair Hag, the factory foreman, the lovely French soldier who did the “You at the barricade listen to this…” bit, and most of the students, and Marius (he was a little muppety with the singing, but for the most part I liked him a lot. Empty Chairs was very moving.
Amanda whatever her name is was dreadful. And I’m pretty sure the C was dubbed in, because with her terrible breath control and technique there’s no way she could have hit that note.
The Thenardiers - where were they?? Such fun characters turned incredibly BLAH.
And I didn’t much care for the direction either - most of the shots were either sweeping landscapes or incredibly close close-ups (which made the non-acting even more evident.) The movie just had no movement - it was one level the ENTIRE time - no tension, no build, no desperation whatsoever.
Thoroughly appalled. Harsh, I know, but there you have it.
ETA: I think the live singing did the entire film a huge disservice. Everyone just looked and sounded EXHAUSTED (and not in a “we’re poor and desperate and it’s acting” kind of way.) I mean, how can “Bring Him Home” be perfection after 20 takes? That score is difficult enough to sing through ONCE, let alone multiple takes one right after the other. I think the quality of the film (at least from a musical standpoint) would have been much better had they recorded it in a studio.
Please keep my best friend and sister from another mister, A, in your thoughts. She teaches music at a studio in Newtown. By some small miracle, all of their students are OK. But she isn’t handling things well. Please just keep in her in your thoughts along with everyone else. I would really appreciate it.
I can’t believe I’m waking up to “Mass Murder in Newtown, CT” splashed across my TV screen. I feel sick.
Tonight one of my besties demonstrated circular breathing. It was both creepy and fascinating.
SO HARD IN LIKE. Full on butterflies and everything. We have good chemistry, there’s no denying it. But as always, my physique makes me question. Plus he just had his heart broken. Such complications.
But still. Like is nice.